Monday, March 14, 2011

Project Complete

Mike's cousin was so kind to fine me some unique vintage frames. I was thrilled to find out that she had found me a large frame. I thought of an idea right away and got right to work!
Before: (Before spray paint!)
I love how detailed these frames are.
Just couldn't keep the Gold.

I spray painted it a dark red*
*I really wanted to be wild and spray paint the frame teal, mustard yellow, etc., but I thought I would keep it red (red is pretty much all over our house so I had to make the decision to stick with that color!). I know if I ever change my mind or our colors in our house, I can always spray paint again.
I used a piece of metal for the background and spray painted it with my chalkboard spray paint. After Mike hung it for me, I quickly added some "artwork" (it's terrible and was done so quickly...will need to change it very soon...ick!) so I could take a picture of the end result. It will add some character to the top of our staircase!

No comments:

Post a Comment