Thursday, July 28, 2011

A little (to say the least) behind

As the last day of school approached, I promised myself that I would keep up with my blog since I knew there would be plenty to blog about this summer. I had my plan set that this summer would be to plan for our wedding, relax, and of course, blog. Instead, I sit here with an empty blog and an empty camera. Thank goodness for an iphone and other people who have been responsible enough to bring a camera along for the memories. Here is a brief explanation of what's been going on..

Baby Cohen: Oh my goodness...absolutely in love with this little man. He is just too precious and we cannot get enough of him. And as for Makena, I am in total shock (still) that she is going to be a kindergartner...where did time go?? She is the cutest Big Sis and so good to her brother! Pictures to come soon of his birthday! ;)

Plenty (way too many) of doctor visits: I've experienced a migraine or two before, but nothing like experiencing them once or twice in one week for over a month straight. I was having them so often that I panicked (shocked? I bet not.) and told my doctor that I thought I needed a brain scan (MRI) just to make sure there wasn't something more serious going on...he thought I was nuts, but ordered my scan. Luckily, everything came back great...needless to say, these awful migraines have made me nuts all summer and have prevented me from doing so many things that I had on my "To Do" list :( I blame these (number one reason for sure!) for my lack of blogging!!!!!!!!

Wedding planning: I was so sad to not fulfill everything that I wanted to accomplish this summer. I had so many ideas that were put on hold due to those pesky migraines :( I did, however, manage to build my own wedding binder (which I'm quite embarrassed by. It's a little, um, OCD). Sadly, we came to the conclusion that everything is just way too expensive and really had to come to the harsh reality of making our budget smaller than we had anticipated. It's so crazy how everything is outrageously inflated when it has anything to do with a wedding. One BIG decision we made was finding our photographer. Check her out: (http://www.bethanybelleblog.net/). The second I saw her work, I knew she was the one for us! We are so excited she will be shooting our engagement session (love the ones she has shot..check them out on her site) and our special day! It now all comes down to pretty much the little things that I have been dreaming and envisioning for months now. :) Let the fun begin!


Amongst all of that, add in a TON of beach days (can you blame us?), great family time, Huntington Beach Fire Department firefighter Olympics, Padre Game, pool days, Makena's dance recital, plenty of trips to Strawberry Farms, and throw in a few crafty days here and there (I was lucky if I squeezed in 3).

Did I mention any sort of vacation or getaway? Not this summer! Looking forward to that honeymoon next summer! We have been looking into the Maldives! Yay!

There ya have it...my long explanation of why I have been such a blogging slacker. Please forgive my lack of blogging and I promise to add pictures soon! ;)

P.S. Um, Where did summer go? So sad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment