Friday, July 29, 2011

Location, Location, Location

Before we got engaged, I loved looking at wedding blogs for ideas that I would use someday when planning my own wedding. I wasn't impatient was I? Well, I came across a blog that had featured a wedding at a beautiful venue that happened to be in Irvine. I did my research and found the exact location. Mike and I took a trip to Orange County one day (before the proposal even came!) and checked out the venue. We both L-O-V-E-D it. It was the perfect place and fit our style.

At the start of summer break, we got to visit the venue to see an actual wedding set up and were able to see how everything all comes together for the special day. We took our families and they also shared our love for this beautiful place.

After searching the Internet and wedding magazines, we finally came to the decision that this was the place and nothing else was going to do. We love the beach (obviously), but had so many reservations about the weather, etc. and just didn't feel like it fit our style we were trying to accomplish either.




We made the important decision to meet with the site coordinator and were so pleased with everything the venue offered.






Here it is!



Strawberry Farms is located on a beautiful golf course that is hidden in the hills of Irvine. It's west of the 405 which means it's closer to the beach (that is a major "plus" since Irvine can get warm!). The barn is what sold us! It is such a unique venue and will fit our vintage style just perfect!




The day we met with the coordinator was a fun day spent with my mom! While my mom and I went into the barn to measure, plan, etc. Mike hit some golf balls on the driving range. He loves that the venue is at a golf course.

We ventured over to the restaurant and had a wonderful lunch out on the veranda! What a great day it was and what perfect weather too! We can only hope that we will have perfect weather July 20, 2012! :)
Mike and I planned to go back to Strawberry Farms this July 20th to celebrate a year away from our special day (his idea! Just love his thoughtfulness), but unfortunately he was on shift that day :( We will have plenty of return trips! In fact, we plan on going back next Friday to have lunch before I have to go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment