Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fortunes!

(Boring! No chocolate or sprinkles!!)

I was feeling creative today so I thought I would try something new! I decided to dip fortune cookies for the first time and was anxious to see how they would come out! They are so expensive to buy when they are dipped, but yet so yummy! I thought I would save some money and try them on my own. Since this was my very first attempt, I stocked up on a few cookies from our favorite Chinese restaurant, Pei Wei! I dipped a few just to try them out and see if they would turn out the way that I had hoped they would! Well, they did so I made a trip to the store and bought some more!
(This chocolate can be found in the produce section...it is really yummy and easy to use!)

(Look at those beauties!)


Since we were going to the Montoya's for a Father's Day BBQ, I took these yummy cookies over for a treat! They were a hit and thank goodness we had leftovers!! Yum! Super easy and fun to make too!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You finally took the blogging plunge! Love the fortune cookies! I've done that, too...my kids love them. So, you've inspired me...hopefully over this summer I will put all my craftiness on a separate blog so you don't have to check out my musings on life...in the meantime, I have directions for making the magnets in june or july of 2008...they are fun to make! In the next day or two I'm going to attempt to make yo-yo's for hair...so, check back:-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those would have been cute for Janene's shower too! I'm totally going to stalk your blog!

    ReplyDelete