Sunday, August 2, 2009

And the PONIES are off...

I had never been to the races in Del Mar before and thought it would be something fun to check off my list as something I tried over summer. To my surprise...I am hooked! If I have a sub on Wednesdays (the day I get in free!), you know where to find me! ;) All joking aside, it really was a fun experience...well that is when you WIN! Yes, that's right...I won $17.40! You are probably rolling you're eyes and sarcastically thinking, "wow"! Truly, I was so excited...hey, that could go towards a shirt or a decorative item for our house! ;) Sorry Mike!

So when we all can't find Caradee, we know where she is...with a newspaper, race book, and money in hand!


After not a lot of luck, my dad resorted to Caradee to show him who to pick for his last race! Sorry...no winner this time!



For the last race, Su thought it would be fun to get right up close to the action and watch the race from the track fence! Good idea!




Yes, we have a winner! Mike bet on "Unzip Me" to win first place as a joke! I laughed at him and told him he was silly to bet on a horse with such a name! Well to my surprise, I was laughed at when Mike won $$$$!!!!!





Truly this sign means business! Should I consider calling it?! Anyone up for the races? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment