Friday, April 2, 2010

Fresh Strawberry Muffins!

Since Strawberry season has hit, I have been craving sweets, sweets, sweets (hence the whole Jamba Juice craze!)!!! I made these delicious strawberry muffins last year and everyone fell in love with them! I haven't made them since and thought they would be a perfect addition to Easter brunch! I used my favorite Carlsbad strawberries (when you come to visit, stop by the stand off of Canon...these berries are to die for...you can pick them yourself too!!)...I would recommend using fresh strawberries...I'm not too sure how frozen would taste. 1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup whole milk (I used reduced fat and they still turned out fine...your choice)
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract (I always add just a touch more)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (King Arthur flour is the best and can be found at Stater Bros., Ralphs, and Henrys)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups sliced strawberries

Preheat oven to 375. Line cups with liners. In one large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs one at a time and blend until fluffy. Mix in the milk and almond extract. In a separate bowl, sift together both flours, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the milk mixture and blend until just combined. Fold in the strawberries. Bake for 30 minutes or check with a cake tester to see if they are done before that. Makes 12 muffins.

***One strawberry basket usually equals 2 cups of sliced strawberries.

I would love to give credit to the recipe blog where I got the recipe from, but I didn't write it down!

Enjoy....They are sooooo yummy!

1 comment:

  1. yummy! we just bought the big case from costco... hoping to have some left over for these delicious treats! mmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete